- INERIS-/ATEX-Certificate: 13ATEX0020X/INE 13.0051X
- Mining Class: I M2 d I Mb (ATEX); Ex d I Mb (IECEx)
- Gas and dust classes: II2GD Ex d IIB o. IIC T6 Gb Ex tb IIC T85°C Db IP66
- Protection degree IP66
- Operating temperature -40°C…+60°C
- G20 Cast iron or stainless steel
- Ratio 1:15…1:1578
The new ATEX-approved rotary limit switch FRX
An explosive atmosphere is a mixture of air and gases, vapours, fumes or combustible powders in which combustion spreads rapidly after ignition at atmospheric pressure (explosion).
The limit switch operates as an auxiliary control of electric motors via an interface, such as a contactor or a PLC.
The housing offers space for 2, 3 or 4 snap-action switches with 1NO / 1NC changeover contacts. All normally closed (NC) contacts are positive opening contacts for safety functions.
The ATEX and IECEx approved rotary limit switch FRX can be used with a maximum speed of 800 revolutions per minute.
The reduction ratios range from 1:15 to 1: 1578 (standard reduction ratios 1:15, 1:20, 1:25, 1:50, 1:75, 1: 100). Other reduction ratios are also available on request.
A worm gear and a helical gear in combination with one or more straight-toothed gears are used to transmit the movement from the input shaft to the output shaft. The reduction ratios result from the use of different combinations of gears between the input shaft and the gearbox output, which is connected to the switching contacts and to the cams.
The explosion-proof rotary limit switch FRX is available in the following housing versions:
- G20 cast iron housing with foot mounting
- G20 cast iron housing with front flange mounting
- Stainless steel housing with foot mounting
- Stainless steel housing with front flange mounting
The special metal housing guarantees a long service life and an IP66 degree of protection. The rotary limit switch FRX is approved for gas zone 1 and dust zones 21 and 22.
- Special shaft dimensions are available on request
- 5 different cams with different switching angles available
We would be pleased to put together your individual rotary limit switch in the desired configuration together with you. Please contact us by phone, e-mail or directly via our chat on this page bottom right. We look forward to your inquiry.