Rotary Limit Switch FRX
ATEX and IECEx approved Cam Limit Switch
Explosion Proofed Rotary Limit Switch FRX
- INERIS/IECEx Certificate: 13ATEX0020X / INE 13.0051X
- Mining Class: I M2 Ex d I Mb (ATEX); Ex d I Mb (IECEx)
- Gas and Dust Classes: II2GD Ex d IIB o. IIC T6 Gb Ex tb IIC T85°C Db IP66
- Protection degree IP66
- Operating Temperature -40°C…+60°C
- G20 Cast Iron or Stainless Steel
- Revolution ratio 1:15 … 1:1578
The new ATEX approved gear limit switch FRX
An explosive atmosphere is a mixture of air and gases, vapours, vapours or combustible powders in which combustion rapidly spreads after ignition at atmospheric pressure (explosion).
The limit switch acts as an auxiliary control for electric motors via an interface such as a contactor or a PLC.
The housing offers space for 2, 3 or 4 snap-action switches with 1NO / 1NC change-over contacts. All NC contacts are positive break contacts for safety functions.
The ATEX- and IECEx-approved gear limit switch FRX can be used with a maximum speed of 800 revolutions per minute.
The reduction ratios range from 1:15 to 1: 1578 (standard reductions 1:15, 1:20, 1:25, 1:50, 1:75, 1: 100). Other reduction ratios are also available on request. For the transmission of the movement from the input shaft to the output shaft, a worm gear and a helical gear are used in combination with one or more straight-toothed gears. The reduction ratios result from the use of different combinations of gears between the input shaft and the gear output, which is connected to the switching contacts and cams.
The explosion-proof gear limit switch FRX is available in the following housing variants:
– G20 cast iron housing with foot mounting
– G20 cast iron housing with front flange mounting
– Stainless steel housing with foot mounting
– Stainless steel housing with frontal flange mounting
The special metal housing guarantees a long service life and a degree of protection of IP66. The gear limit switch FRX is approved for gas zone 1 and dust zones 21 and 22.
– Contact elements for direct control
– Special shaft dimensions available on request
– 5 different cams with different switching angles available
We will be happy to work with you to put together your individual geared limit switch in the desired configuration. Please contact us by phone, e-mail or directly via our chat at the bottom right of this page. We are looking forward to your inquiry.